Sunday, February 3, 2013

End of Week 1

So it's the end of week 1! The first week was pretty intense! We learnt at least one new hairstyle or technique everyday. Our hair course is 3 weeks long and as makeup artists, we are required also to style hair. That way we can get jobs when we're on our own when school is finished. 


This is the perfect ponytail. It took me a long time to get it right. 


 The beehive is one of the classic looks from the 70s. It's a fun hair do and I enjoyed styling it. 


This is Meghan. She sits beside me in class. We were required to blow dry and style the hair and correct the face shape. This is her before shot. 


This is the after shot. Meghan's hair was coloured many times. She has three different colours in her hair so the texture of her roots and the rest of her were very different. Her hair took a very long time to blow dry correctly and make it smooth. I'm not super satisfied with the outcome but I guess it wasn't too bad for my first time.


I think this is my favorite, the french roll. Looks super elegant!


We were taught different braiding techniques. The dutch braid confuses me a bit. This braid hair is the skeleton braid. Gianluca told us that in the 40s when no one had any money or resources, this hairstyle acted as a hair net. It also reminds me of a princess.

I love going to school but the commute makes it a bit tiring. I'm excited to start the second week of school tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment