Monday, February 18, 2013

3 Weeks Of Hair Finally Over!

So our 3 weeks of Hair is finally over! I'm glad we get to move on to the fun stuff and my favorite part of the course, fashion makeup! These three weeks have flown by so quickly and I have learnt so much from our instructor, GianLuca. He truly is one of the most hard working persons I know and a great teacher.

The final day of our course, we were given five hours for our fantasy hair challenge. I really didn't like the dark brown colour on my Coco (the mannequin's heads name). We had decided to change her name from Jessica to Coco and have been calling her Coco throughout the majority of the time. So I bleached my Coco twice, and used two tubes of Manic Panic in the colour, Wild Fire.







Coco with Wild Fire hair, blown dried with a big round brush.




Setting Coco's hair for volume and curls.

My inspiration for my fantasy hair character was my horoscope sign, Aries. I wanted to show the fire sign in her hair and decided to make some horns and big red hair. Some of the prep work was done ahead, but assembling and putting up a hair do was required to be done in class. 

At first, the timing was perfect. I had a certain time limit for each section. When it came to making the horns, I realized I didn't have enough time and it took me longer than I had thought. I cut the horns a bit shorter so I didn't have to wrap around as much. I quickly put up all the hair and did the best I could for the time that was provided to us. Coco's makeup actually was done by Sandrine, a classmate of mine because she had seen me stressing and offered to help. She is sucha sweet girl and I really appreciated her help. 


So this is the final outcome. I wasn't super happy and felt like it could've been done better. The definitely should've been bigger and the more I touched and messed around with it, the smaller it got. I completely understand what contestants in reality tv shows go through now and how intense it can be.

I'm excited to go to class and learn about make up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment